[CALUG] MFCs & Linux

Reid Sprague r-link at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 11 12:56:37 CDT 2006

All,

This is pretty basic -- just soliciting opinions and experiences.

Have moved and am setting up a home office. Am getting ambiguous info regarding how well various multifunction laser machines (copy-print-scan-fax) work with Linux. For instance I was excited about a model made by Brother until I saw a couple of posts/opinions on other sites about lack of Linux support. Opinions & experiences with various units/distros in home business office environment appreciated. Will not necessarily need my Linux box to act as print server, many MFCs have network capability.

Thanks,           Reid