[CALUG] Temporary email shutdown

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:30:05 CST 2005

On 12/18/05, donmiller at airbridge.net <donmiller at airbridge.net> wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I use POP3 to collect emails and I use a webpage client to look at them.  It allows HTML to get to me.  Any idea on why I am getting it so bad?  It has been accelerating over the last year and it has gotten to the point where 95-98 % of my mail is spam.  I like this address but I'm starting to think this is futile given the non-existent customer support and filter options.

Spammers are just getting desperate.  If they're not being sued out of
existance they're pumping the junk left right and center.

> I recently lost several months of email in a Netscape profile and I am considering using something else as netscape isn't very easy to backup reliably.
>
> Any recommendations on apps?   I've heard of Firefox but I don't think it's for email?

If you're using Netscape 8.x, I recommend you switch to Firefox for
browsing, and Thunderbird for Email (which has it's own junk mail
filter you train).

What I do is I pull my mail throug POP3, filter it through
SpamAssassin, and then read it through Thunderbird.  If you're running
Windows, running it through SpamFu will work. http://spamfu.net/ for
the replacement of SaProxy.