[CALUG] Macbook -- Off Linux Topic

John Szakmeister jszakmeister at intelesyscorp.com
Sun Sep 10 16:18:14 CDT 2006

On Sep 9, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Rajiv Gunja wrote:

> Anyone has experience with the latest Macbooks? I am planning to
> buy it and
> there has been a mixed bag of reviews on the Internet.
> Some say they get too hot, other say, not much. Is it worth the
> money and
> will it last at least 3 years?
>
> My last laptop (Compaq) last me 1.5 years and it had a problem with
> the
> motherboard and I had not taken the extended warranty.
>
> That too is an other question: Has anyone taken the extended
> warranty and
> has it come in handy?

I can't say anything about the MacBook Pro in particular (other than
I've seen some rather poor reviews because of heat issues).  I can
say that my extended warranty for my current laptop has come in
handy, and it has for at least 4 other people I know (multiple times
at that).  My advice: get the extended warranty.

> Thoughts and advise are most welcome.

HTH!

-John