[CALUG] Macbook -- Off Linux Topic

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:02:38 CDT 2006

On 9/9/06, Rajiv Gunja <opn.src.rocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone has experience with the latest Macbooks? I am planning to buy it and
> there has been a mixed bag of reviews on the Internet.
> Some say they get too hot, other say, not much. Is it worth the money and
> will it last at least 3 years?

I heard off of Slashdot that Apple was very generous on the thermal
paste in the Macbooks, so it may overheat terribly and have the fan
turn on often.  I don't know if Apple has corrected the problem.

Worth the money for basically an Intel Core Duo laptop speced to
Apple's requirements of running MacOS X?  Hmmm...  Depends on if
you're going to slap Windows on it as a dual-boot under Boot Camp.  If
so, well, that's basically dual-boot BSD/Windows.  You could save
money with Windows/Linux dual-boot... and not get your legs burned
too.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://strredwolf.furrynet.com