[CALUG] Let's Advocate Open-Source to the HCPSS Technology Advisory Committee

Robert Burgoyne - CALUG robert+calug at trueblade.com
Tue May 23 14:49:17 CDT 2006

Many of us in CA LUG have students in the Howard County Public School
System (HCPSS). Those who do may have observed that CA LUG members would
likely suggest different technology choices than those which are already
being made for our kids. And undoubtedly some of you have excellent
skills regarding how the decision making process for picking those
technologies should proceed.

Now is the time for us to be heard, collectively.

Our next regular CA LUG meeting will be Wednesday, June 14, 2006 at 7:00
PM. HCPSS will simultaneously be having a meeting we might want to
attend instead (details below).

My suggestion: fork the June CA LUG meeting. Those with interest in the
HCPSS meeting attend that meeting and speak with a collective voice.
Interested persons should register to attend by calling 410.313.7011 or
sending an email to denise_murphy at hcpss.org.

Those without interest in the HCPSS can meet as usual.

--
Robert Burgoyne