[CALUG] [UM-LINUX] routers and Adelphia NOT! Verizon (fwd)

Russ rmain at polaris.umuc.edu
Tue Mar 14 13:35:11 CST 2006

Sincerely,

Russ Main

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:31:56 -0500
From: Russ <rmain at polaris.umuc.edu>
To: UM-LINUX at LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: [UM-LINUX] routers and Adelphia NOT! Verizon

Hello,

After several months of waiting for Verizon to be ready for FIOS or even
DSL in my Frederick (YEE HAW!) neighborhood, I reluctantly gave up and
signed up for cable through Adelphia.  I'm wondering if anyone has any
advice on a cable/router box.  I'm planning on using a Linksys WCG200.
It has a cable input, 4 10/100's, 1 USB, and a wireless.  This seems
better than purchasing a cable modem separately.  120 total at newegg.
I plan on having a home network with a laptop, and desktops(maybe a
server).

Sincerely,

Russ Main