[CALUG] gentleman with the Sony cybershot

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 21:11:27 CDT 2006

Hi,
Tonight's CALUG meeting was really nice. I got to see you all after many
months.

I was having a good conversation with this gentleman about his Sony
Cybershot and the need for storing the Pictures of a 5 meg pix, either on a
laptop or on a on-the-go device. In my haste, I forgot to ask his name and
email address. So, everyone in this group has to see this.

By the way, my assessment on the cost of Sony Memory sticks was wrong. They
are not as bad I had imagined.
Not knowing your cybershot's model number, and assuming that it supports
Memory Stick Pro, then your best bet is to get a 4 GB memory stick to cover
your entire trip. Assuming at the highest resolution of a 5 mp camera, the
jpg size is 3 MB, then 4 GB should give you almost 1300 pictures to store.
If this is not enough, you can always get a 2nd memory stick. (4 GB mem
stick pro was about 158.90 b4 tax and shipping at mwave.com --> from
froogle.google.com )

If your camera support CF card, 4GB, high speed (80x) card is only 86$ b4
tax and shipping at mwave.com.

I apologise for giving you a more expensive solution, since I did not know
the price of a memory stick.

I hope, depending on your budget and how trigger happy you will be on your
trip, 6 GB (4 + 2 GB = approx 1800 pictures) should suffice for a 14 day
trip.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

-GGR