[CALUG] Ghosting a drive to another...

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Fri Feb 3 16:39:10 CST 2006

Only if the resultant partitions are the same size. And possibly the
same geometry.

If you dd a smaller FS into a bigger one, the target will have no way of
knowing about the extra space. And it's pretty obvious why going from
large to small is bad.

ordinarily I'd say just put the two drives in the same box and let
Windows do it, but these days Windows can't completely copy itself.

Still, that might ultimately be the easiest and most effiect solution.

JIM