[CALUG] Newbie questions

junekis@comcast.net junekis at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 12:04:02 CDT 2005

MOST recent versions of Redat/Fedora have a GUI setup utility for dial-up internet access.

>From the "applications" menu, select "system tools" then "internet connection tool"

AOL is "special", their value added features extend the normal browser and use a proprietary downloadable client - which so far is windoze only.

AOL released a beta  browser for Linux a couple of years ago, but didn't keep it updated. You can check it out at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pengaol

GRUB has a beta config gui at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/grubconf