[CALUG] upgrades for a newbie
Eric K. Dickinson
Eric.Dickinson at nih.gov
Tue Oct 18 05:57:46 CDT 2005
The way I do it is sorta like this....
1) print the /etc/fstab
2) boot on the Slack install disk (1)
3) Mount all your partitions under the /mnt directory
i.e. "mount /dev/hdaX /mnt" where X is your / directory
"mount /dev/hdaX /mnt/boot" where X is your /boot directory
until everything is mounted
4) run pkgtool and select remove packages.
5) select everything, unfortunately one at a time.
6) quit pkgtool
7) run setup and proceed through the normal install of
Eric K. Dickinson CNE, GNU/Linux Geek
Windows 2000 MCSE, CISSP
8778548389 at page.metrocall.com
NRA Indoor Pistol Master
> What is the best way to upgrade from Slackware 10.1 to 10.2. I'm new to
> Linux and dont know the easiest way to accomplish this.
> Russ Main
> Columbia, Maryland Linux User's Group (CALUG) mailing list
> CALUG Website: http://www.calug.com
> Email postings to: lug at calug.com
> Change your list subscription options: http://calug.com/mailman/listinfo/lug
More information about the lug