[CALUG] PTHREAD_THREAD_MAX on Red Hat.

Jim Sansing jjsansing at comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 15:55:45 CST 2005

The sysctl command can be useful if you don't know where everything
in /proc lives.  Run '/sbin/sysctl -a | grep ???' to hunt for things like
max values, virtual memory manager (vm) info, network (net.ipv4,
net.ipv6) settings, etc.

As root you can change the settings.  And you can make them
permanent by editing /etc/sysctl.conf.

See the man pages for sysctl and sysctl.conf.

Later . . .   Jim