[CALUG] Checking for failing hdd

william kelly william.kelly.jr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 06:17:01 CDT 2006

Hey,
fsck is what you want to run. g4u is for copying and btw they have g4l. also
you may want to check with your drives manufacturer they a lot of times have
hardisk testing tools. if not i would try the Ultimate boot CD. It has tools
for various HD vendors.

FSCK <http://adminschoice.com/docs/fsck.htm>

g4l <http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l>

UBCD <http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/>