[CALUG] RH9 startup settings

Russ rmain at polaris.umuc.edu
Fri Sep 15 07:39:45 CDT 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice ,and for the help with
configuring my RH9 system.  In fact the line in etc/inittab was set for
run level 3 and I changed it to 5.  I may have some strange behavior
occuring on this machine unless I need to be at a certain rights level to
run init or telinit.  I tried to run init 5 before I changed the settings,
but it did  not recognize the command.  I didnt think you needed to be
logged on as root in order to run telinit/init.  I did notice that RH9 is
not finding my audio card.

thanks

Russ Main