[CALUG] Configuring PPP dial-in

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:22:24 CDT 2006

i set mine up a long time ago, but it's always worked fine. i cant
wait to move somewhere that has broadband available. here's what i
have:

$ cat /etc/ppp/options
# General configuration options for PPPD:
lock
defaultroute
noipdefault
modem
/dev/ttyS1
115200
crtscts
novjccomp
# Uncomment the line below for more verbose error reporting:
#debug
# If you have a default route already, pppd may require the other side
# to authenticate itself, which most ISPs will not do.  To work around this,
# uncomment the line below.  Note that this may have negative side effects
# on system security if you allow PPP dialins.  See the docs in /usr/doc/ppp*
# for more information.
noauth
passive
asyncmap 0