[CALUG] Ruby and Rusty Rails

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Sat Oct 28 18:13:01 CDT 2006

Jason Dixon wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2006, at 2:25 PM, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
>
>> Perl is the most brain-dead collection of special case hacks ever
>> thrown
>> together in a language.
>

> Allow me to introduce you to PHP.

My first thought was that was intended to mean that PHP shares most of
its shortcomings, little of its charm, and adds its own quirks to the mess.

However, another interpretation might be that PHP chooses an appropriate
subset and adds good support for the COM model, producing a decent language.

I am guessing that you meant more along the first line,  but I am
interested in your elaboration either way.

> --
> Jason Dixon
> DixonGroup Consulting
> http://www.dixongroup.net