[CALUG] SUSE Bashrc

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Fri Oct 27 14:37:01 CDT 2006

Bash should be the root shell for ANY Linux Distribution.

I would go further and say that it should be the default everywhere, but
that's another story.

I dunno about SUSE, but RHEL has a package called "rootfiles" which
contains the standard dotfiles for root. Other than sourcing
/etc/profile and /etc/bashrc (I think), they are largely worthless.

Don't forget to nuke the rm, cp, and mv aliases and reset your
LANG/LOCALE/LC_ALL back to C.

JIM