[CALUG] Looking for a tool

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Thu Oct 26 18:24:45 CDT 2006

You could do it even simpler as a bunch of shell variables:

export XXX_FOO='foo value'
export XXX_BAR='bar val'

To get the value of of a variable, you just source the whole file, and
then use $XXX_var.
To set a new value, you just do: echo "export XXX_var='value'" >> STORE
To delete a value, do: echo "unset XXX_var" >> STORE

Every so often, the file can be cleaned by sourcing it and doing: env |
grep XXX_ | sort > STORE

I chose XXX as a unique prefix to allow separation from other
environment variables.

JIM