[CALUG] Samba shared printer

Scott Kitterman scott at kitterman.com
Wed Oct 4 14:50:23 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:10, Hugh Brown wrote:
> I've had to connect my printer to the windows box because the windows
> driver from HP can't cope with the printer not being directly connected.

At least some HP printers (at least the LaserJet 3380) have an
optional 'mobile user' print driver that you can download from the HP site.
I was able to get things working using that driver in Windows for a printer
on my network through a Jetdirect 170X.  In linux it was no problem at all, I
just put in the IP address and off I went.

Scott K