[CALUG] Postfix help

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Mon Nov 6 13:11:11 CST 2006

I am not a Postfix expert, but sendmail calls the programs that takke a
message and actually write the mailbox a "Mail Delivery Agent" or a
"Local Mailer". Perhaps if you look for these terms in the documentation
you will find what you are looking for. In any case, the program that
does the delivery is probably an absolute program, so you can probably
grep for "/" in the configuration files and look for programs. That
might not help if you find something like "/bin/mail" or
"/usrbin/rmail", but you might try looking for the label that these
values are attached to.

You may have to use a MDA from the courier package.

JIM