[CALUG] SPAM-LOW: Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: Linux Friendly Laptops

Chris Edillon jce at zot.com
Fri Mar 3 23:11:34 CST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 15:14 -0500, Eric Gosnell wrote:

> It is my understanding that one of the best benefits of using VMWare is found
> when you are doing kernel development.  It simplifies the boot reboot
> process. You can bounce/crash the kernel in much less time under
> VMWare.

  developers are their target market with workstation,
especially with all the new features in 5.x (multiple
nested snapshots, bandwidth/latency simulation, etc.).
typically you'd snapshot a known good state, do some
development, see what happens, and revert to your known
good state if something bad happens.

chris