[CALUG] SPAM-LOW: Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: Linux Friendly Laptops

Eric Gosnell eric.gosnell at embedded-sys.com
Fri Mar 3 14:14:16 CST 2006

It is my understanding that one of the best benefits of using VMWare is found
when you are doing kernel development.  It simplifies the boot reboot
process. You can bounce/crash the kernel in much less time under
VMWare.  However, I have
not tried it before.  I will likely start with a pure Linux install so
that I am
forced to experiment with startup configurations, difficult driver
installation
(Such as my $10 wireless card that I cannot get to work with Linux), Kernel
hacks, etc.

By the way, rumor has it that Dell is offering a $250.00 rebate on laptops
currently.

Eric

--
Eric N. Gosnell