[CALUG] FC5 Help

Jason C. Miller jason.c.miller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:35:55 CDT 2006

I need help recovering from my complete and total idiocy.

I'm running the latest FC5.  I had to downgrade my compilers to match
those of the development team I'm working with.  I thought I'd be slick
and write a long command line to find the current appropriate RPMs and
uninstall them.  Of course, my coolness ended up uninstalling libgcc and a
couple others as well.  Go figure.  That's just how cool I am.

I can't download the source since I have no functional compilers and 'rpm'
requires three uninstalled libraries.  Add to that the fact that I'm
the ONLY one running FC5 (or FC anything for that matter).

I'm in a state at the moment where I don't dare turn my machine off and
am somewhat with a lack of options.

Any suggestions, anyone?  Are these downloadable as unpackaged files
anywhere?

I'm REALLY hoping that someone will know of a solution for this catch-22
because I would really feel idiotic asking someone to e-mail me their
libpopt.so.0, libstdc++.so.6, and libgcc_s.so.1 files.

ARG!!

(Yet another reminder that some simple lessons are never really truly
learned)