[CALUG] vsftpd

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Tue Jan 24 21:18:48 CST 2006

Been working on getting my own webserver up and running and have been
trying to set up ftp access to upload files. Going with vsftpd and got
this going except for one significant problem. No matter what user I log
in as via the ftp, I get 550 permission denied errors when i try to upload.

I've set vsftpd to NOT allow anonymous login, only local user accounts.
I turned the "chroot_local_user" variable on so users are jailed into
their home directory. I've ensured the folders I have set for their home
directories are writable by the user (can do it fine on the local machine).

I've seen other people having the same problem and some mention setting
"anon_mkdir_write_enable" and "anon_upload_enable", even tho that is
just for anonymous account settings. I tried setting them to YES but am
still having the same problem. I've seen this problem posted all over
the web in google, but not a single response but what i previously just
said (and that was only one place).

Any help would be appreciated.