[CALUG] FOSE 2006

Pete Nuwayser pete at gwyn.tux.org
Sat Jan 7 23:02:02 CST 2006

Here we go again!

FOSE 2006 is just a few weeks away, on March 7-9 at the Washington
Convention Center... and once again, Tux.Org will be there!

This will be our seventh appearance at the government's biggest computer expo.
Every year, we engage with government IT staff and decision makers and have
countless conversations about Linux, *BSD, Open Source, Open Standards, LAMP,
training, development and hardware support.  If you have thought about doing
open source evangelism or outreach, this is a great place to get started.

Planning is already well underway, but we need your help.
We need behind-the-scenes help with planning, materials and resources,
we need muscle for setup and tear-down, and we need booth staff.  Even if you
can't help out in the booth, there are still many ways you can contribute.

Here's how you can get started:

    fose-request at tux.org with the word "subscribe" in the message,

2.  Check out the FOSE Wiki at http://cyberigor.com/fose

Whether you are ready to help, or only interested, or not sure what the heck
this is about, I encourage you to check it all out.

Thanks, and I hope to see you on the FOSE list!
Pete

--
Pete Nuwayser <pete at tux.org>  Tux.Org, Incorporated
http://www.tux.org