[CALUG] VLC - conflicts/circular RPM dependencies?

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Wed Feb 22 14:17:59 CST 2006

Rajiv G Gunja wrote:

> ...But what keeps XN apart from them? Well, on XN you
> will find only the apps certified to work on Xandros and the version
> that will not break the library dependencies....
>
> ... I
> do all my day to day work on Xandros and cannot offord to keep
> reinstalling the OS.
>
> -GGR

OK, fair enuf. You have made your choice about what is Important to you.

There is also another choice for you. The stable version of Debian
(Sarge, released 6/6/2005) also promises the kind of stability you want.

But let me once againn emphasize that it's not the tools that bring you
stability, it's the packages themselves and the combinations in which
they are bundled.

JIM