[CALUG] Install From Running Old Version?

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:06:21 CST 2006

Since its been a long time since I installed fedora on a physical PC (mostly
VMware), I have not done this. However, here are some of the links I found
which might help you move forward.

>From what I read, with the new kernel 2.6, floppy install is not possible,
at least with Fedora. (link 1). But there are other websites which provide a
work around for this issue. (link 3 and 4)

01. http://www.fedorafaq.org/#floppyinstall
02. http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=169466&rl=1
03.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2004-August/msg00031.html