[CALUG] Install From Running Old Version?

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:23:14 CST 2006

If it has a floppy drive, you can always create boot floppies from the CDROM
and start installation from there. I too have a HP dual CPU Kayak at office,
500 MHz P-III, it wont boot from CDROM either, so I got the installation
going using a boot floppy. Once stage 1, 1.5 and 2 is loaded and the initrd
image is uncompressed into the memory, it will have the loadable modules for
CDROM, at which stage, you can start the install as normal.

Hope this helps too.

-GGR

---
Rajiv G Gunja