[CALUG] mssql oracle

Bruce F Press bpress at raba.com
Wed Feb 15 10:09:49 CST 2006

william kelly wrote:

>I am looking for a solution to build reports via jasper reports that queries
>both oracle and mssql in a single query. i am unable to locate a single
>query that would allow data to be aggregated from both. any ideas? also im
>trying to use ireport to build my report.

There are commercial products to do this, but they aren't inexpensive.
The general
class of functionality you are referring to is called "Federated Query".
A couple of
starting points for commercial products would be MetaMatrix, BEA
Aqualogic Data Services
and Sybase Avaki.
'
Other wise, I think the suggestion of aggregating the results using a
scripting language
makes good cost sense.