[CALUG] MFCs & Linux

Reid Sprague r-link at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 09:30:31 CDT 2006

Dear Mark & Hugh,

Thanks for the tips! Any distros that support HP devices right out of
the box? Am considering a MadTux MiniPC, which runs off a thumbdrive,
for the upstairs office and can come with either Knoppix or Ubuntu (but
can run others using a HDD). We would do most of our work over a
wireless network using our Windows, Mac & (soon I hope) Linux laptops at
various locations downstairs. I've had pie in the sky ideas but it's
good to know what people have actually done that works. I have studied
networking, but never built a network & can't sink a lot of time in
configuration and experimentation -- would like to get this up and
running ASAP.

Thanks very much,

Reid