[CALUG] update to tb-sshdfilter

Eldon Ziegler eldonz39yid at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 04:24:46 CDT 2005

Thanks for the help. Something must have stripped the attachment.

I have it running on one of my servers along with a nightly logwatch
so the effect should be seen. I seem to get the most intrusions on weekends.

One surprise... I opened port 5022 in the firewall and specified
-p5022 when I ran tb-sshdfilter expecting it to block only 5022 while
leaving port 22 alone so I could still login. In fact, all ssh input
was blocked after I tried an invalid user name login. Fortunately, I
had dialed up an ISP to get around a problem with a flaky ISDN line
so all I had to do was re-dial to get a new IP address and login
again. Did I miss something on how to test tb-sshdfilter safely?

Eldon